I don’t know if you can tell, but I’m kind of nutty about authors and books. It hit me that, hey! I can use this blog to help promote my favorites.
Here’s the deal, check out the page RECOMMENDED READS. That’s a list of authors and books I especially like (it’s not complete, since it’s only those books I’ve read in the past three years). You’ll get a good idea about my favored genres, too.
If you’re already on the list, you’re a shoo-in. Just let me know if and when you have a new book out (or a short story, or taking part in an anthology). If you feel up to doing a guest post, I’d be totally honored to spotlight your new release. If you’re releasing your back list as ebooks, I’d love to know about that, too.
If you’re a debut author, and your novel is in a genre I like (heavy on urban fantasy, horror, steampunk, thrillers, mysteries and humor, but not limited to, so one never knows, does one?) drop me a line. Tell me about yourself and your writing and don’t forget links to your blog site and your Twitter name (I find lots of good stuff to read that way). I don’t discriminate between indie and traditional. I like good stories wherever I find them.
A few guidelines:
- I buy my own books. Don’t offer me coupons, gift certificates or PDF files.
- If you’re one of those creepy publicity services, I know how to deal with you, so don’t bother.
- I’m not your typical reviewer. Read my posts and you’ll see what I mean.
- I hate Star (heart, cup, devil faces, etc) ratings. They’re a pet peeve of mine. I try to review what I read on Amazon, but sometimes the system just gets to me, so I put it off. Nothing personal if I don’t post a review on Amazon right away. I have to be in the mood.
- If you tell me about a book and I read it, but don’t like it, I won’t review it. No offense if it wasn’t my cup of tea. Occasionally I talk about things that don’t work for me or point out that I took something away from a book I doubt the author intended, but I’m not out to harm any writer’s promo efforts. In other words, I don’t post burn and slash reviews, or do in-depth criticisms of stories I don’t like or have no interest in.
So that’s it. If you like what I do here, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me about yourself and your writing. I’d love to hear from you.